Invisalign aligners are becoming increasingly more popular because these appliances won’t stop you from living your life. Teens live in the present and it can feel overwhelming to have their reality disrupted with something that can seem as invasive as orthodontic appliances. It can also be very troublesome for teens to have to give up or at least reduce the amount of commitment towards certain activities that may become difficult or dangerous with bracket braces such as playing instruments, partaking in high impact sports, and performing etc.
What are Invisalign Teen aligners?
Invisalign aligners are a far less noticeable alternative to traditional metal braces. They’re essentially a mould of your teeth that are made out of a specifically made flexible, transparent plastic to fit over the teeth and guide them into a certain position. The treatment entails a series of appliances that will have to be worn for 20-22 hours of everyday and be switched out with a new appliance every 1-2 weeks. The length of the overall treatment, much like traditional braces, will be different for each patient.
How effective is Invisalign teen?
Invisalign braces are highly effective. In fact, when they are worn properly (20-22 hours out of each day) and consistently, they actually shift the teeth at a faster rate than traditional metal braces. Taking into account that teens can be busy and sometimes forgetful, Invisalign Teen aligners contain Blue Dot Wear Indicators, which will fade as the aligner becomes more worn and is ready to be changed. This provides the dentist with an approximate wear time of the appliance and therefore is a useful indicator to determine whether or not the appliance is being worn enough. Therefore, Invisalign is just as effective as normal braces when worn correctly.
Why choose Invisalign Teen?
- Invisalign Teen is custom moulded to fit to your teeth and sits flat on your natural teeth. Therefore, it is safer to partake in high impact sports without worrying about cutting the inside of your mouth on metal brackets and wires. It is also much easier to continue with other after school activities that require the use of your teeth such as playing instruments and performing.
- If you’re concerned about physical appearance, Invisalign Teen is a good option as it does not significantly change your physical appearance. Other than the fact that your teeth are becoming straight.
- Considering the appliances are removable, it is much easier to do a thorough flossing and teeth brush without having to manoeuvre through permanent brackets and wires. If dental hygiene was already a previous struggle, Invisalign is a great option to keep the daily dental routine as simple as possible.
- It is still possible to eat and drink whatever you want with Invisalign without having to worry about food getting stuck in the appliance as long as you remove it and keep it clean.
- Additionally, the cost of choosing Invisalign Teen is very similar to that of traditional braces. Of course, only your dentist can determine the precise cost of the treatment as it is different for every patient depending on their dental needs, but typically, the treatments are similar in price.
The experienced team at iSmile dental offers the Invisalign Teen treatment as well as several other options. The team always takes the time to listen to your issues, concerns, and to discuss your dental expectations in order to find the best treatment suited to you. If you have any more questions about the Invisalign Teen treatment or would like to see whether or not Invisalign Teen would be best suited for your kids, contact our team here.