Our team at iSmile Orthodontics have been closely following the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus and all advice given by the Federal and Victorian Government, Department of Health and Orthodontics Australia.
We are very please to be open again and whilst we are currently seeing all patients, we are taking the following measures.
To prevent the spread of infection over the past weeks, our team are:
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE) for all procedures, including surgical masks, eye protection and globes;
- Following increased infection control procedures;
- Increased cleaning procedures, including the increased use of antibacterial hand sanitiser for both staff and patients and antibacterial wipes on all surfaces;
- Ensuring only patients attend the clinic;
- And reminding all staff and patients about the new hygiene protocols and policies;
- Screening all patients with questions prior to appointment.
The screening questions we are asking all patients include:
- Have you been in contact with someone who is a confirmed COVID-19 case?
- Do you have a cough, fever, high temperature, or any chest/respiratory problems?
- Have you recently lost your sense of smell or taste?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19? If so, when, and the result?
- Have you been in self-isolation within the past 4 weeks, and if so, why?
At your appointed time, we ask that you park in the clinic car park if a spot is available, stay in your car and call us; if you arrive on foot, please call the clinic phone from the car park area.
We are also requesting that all patients and staff that are deemed high-risk to the coronavirus disease, to not come into the clinic and follow the government’s health advice.
Again, the entire team from iSmile Orthodontics would like to thank all of our patients for their understanding.
For further information and support, please contact us by click here, or by calling our clinic on (03) 9466 8484.